YES! The library can use both new and old books in
GOOD CONDITION ONLY.
The following items will either be added to our collection or sold at
our book sale:
• Hardcover & paperback novels (best sellers or classics)
• Non-fiction: up-to-date or classics
• Children’s books & DVDs
• Audio books on CD
• Rare and / or unusual books in good condition
No, the library cannot use the following:
• VHS movies or audio books on tape
• Textbooks or computer manuals
• Reader’s Digest condensed books
• Books that have been written in or marked with highlighter
• Harlequin Romances
• Anything damaged, discolored, or with a “basement” odor
• Old encyclopedias or dated reference books
• Out of date travel books
All donations should be placed in the wooden bins to the left of the stairs in the downstairs lobby. All your donations are checked over by our librarians. Materials that do not fit into the library’s lending collection will be sold in our Book Nook or Annual Book Sale.
Thank you for your generosity!
KEEP YORK READING!