How to Download Library eBooks to iPads/iPhones
Step 1: Download the free OverDrive Media Console app from the iTunes App Store.
(Important: You need a valid iTunes account in order to use the App Store).
• Open the App Store on your iOS device.
• Enter “OverDrive Media Console” in the search box. Tap “Search” on the keyboard.
• Tap +Install or +Free next to OMC from either the app “details” or “search results” screen.
• Install the app.
Step 2: Launch the Overdrive app on your device. The first time you launch the app, follow these steps:
• Click the Get Books+ button
• Click “Add a Library”
• Search for “York Public Library” and select it from the drop down list.
• Select “Maine InfoNet Download Library” to enter the Overdrive collection.
Step 3: Set your default loan period (either 7 or 14 days). Click on the “My Account” icon, and then the “Settings” icon. Set your default period. NOTE: You cannot change the loan period of a book once you check it out, so be sure your default period is set to 14 days if you want the book for the full period. Once you set the default, all your books will check out for this length of time.
Step 4: Browse the “Recently Added eBooks” (iPad) or “Featured EPUB eBooks” (iPhone) collection, or tap the magnifying glass icon to search for a title or author.
Step 5: Check out the ebook you want. Limit 3 ebooks at a time.
• Tap on the title, and then tap on “Borrow”.
• Sign in. Select “York Public Library” from the drop down menu, and enter your 14 digit library card number at the prompts.
• Select either “Download” to read the book in OMC, or “Read” to read the book in your device’s browser.
• If the title you want is already checked out, you can place a hold, provide your email address, and Overdrive will notify you when it becomes available.