Library card holders at the York Public Library may now place their own
requests (also known as "holds") from any computer with
Internet access-at home, school, work, or on the other side of the world! Please
read these instructions carefully. At the end of the page, you
will be able to enter our catalog and get started.
There is no charge for this service. However--if
you don't pick up an item within the 5 days it stays on our hold shelf, we
will return the item to the shelves and charge your account $1.
FIRST THINGS FIRST--KNOW YOUR LIBRARY CARD NUMBER!
Before placing a reserve, you will need to know your library card
- You'll find the 14 digit number under the barcode on your card or key
tag (If you don't have one of our new cards, come to the library and ask
us for one.) When placing a reserve, you will need to type all 14 digits with no spaces.
- Still confused? Give us a call at 363-2818 or email us at email@example.com
Here's how the system works:
- SEARCH our online catalog (the link is on our web site at www.york.lib.me.us
- FIND the item you want to request. Be sure to click down through
the browsing screens until you get to the screen that has a box in the
middle that shows you "Location, Call number and Status"
- REQUEST the item by clicking on the
near either the top or the bottom of the page.
- TYPE your name and library card number in the boxes on the next
- CLICK the "Submit above information"
- The next screen should tell you your request has been
successful. We will call you when your item is available.
Answers to common questions:
1. The York Library doesn't own what I want. Now what do I do?-
Not a problem! On the screen that shows that we don't have the item, you may
search other Minerva Libraries by clicking on the little arrow to the right of
the box that says York Public Library. Choose All Minerva Libraries,
and click the "Search" button to the right of the box. Now
you will see the holdings of all Minerva Libraries. Click and follow the
2. Minerva Libraries don't have my item either. Now what?
You may venture further afield and search Main Infonet library holdings.
Simply click on the
button . When asked to choose your library, scroll down the drop-down list to
the very bottom to find "York Public Library." Type your name
and your barcode in the appropriate boxes and submit your request. Look for a
confirmation screen that says your request was successful
3. I want to borrow a certain audiobook or a video. York doesn't own it,
and but other libraries have ones that are available. Can I borrow this kind of material?
Yes. Most libraries in MINERVA have agreed to loan audio visual
materials to other MINERVA libraries on interlibrary loan.
4. A message indicates that there's a problem with my record! Why is
A number of things can cause this message. You may have some overdue books or a fine. Your card may need updating. Just
give us a call or visit and we will get to the bottom of the problem.
5. I changed my mind. Can I cancel one of my reserves?
Yes, you can. From our home page at www.york.lib.me.us, click on the Check
your own library card link. Type in your name and library card number in
the boxes. Once you get to your record, click on the hyperlink that indicates
your holds. You can see what you have on hold and cancel the ones you wish.
One more detail-our system allows you to request items from our
library that have the status AVAILABLE. Every morning before opening, we print
requests that have come in since we last printed them. When we have retrieved
your book from the shelf, we will call you to let you know that it's available
for you to pick up. If you check our catalog from home when we are open, call
us and ask us to put the item aside for you.
Have more questions? We'll do our best to answer them. Visit us, call us at
363-2818 or email us.
Happy requesting! Enter
the Library Catalog