New England Historical Genealogical Society: (In-library access only) Access to one of the most widely used online genealogical resources in the world. Browse hundreds of unique searchable online databases, offering more than 1.4 billion searchable records.
Ancestry Library Edition: Free to use at home! Provides instant access to more than 1 billion names, more than 3,000 databases, primary-source document images and a variety of genealogical research features. For tutorials please click here:Ancestry Library Edition Tutorials
MyHeritage: Free to use at home. Access to genealogy records online.
Digital Public Library of America: The Family Research Guide: DPLA is totally free to use and open to all – no library card, subscription, or sign-up required! Our collection, with items from many institutions, offers a unique research resource for family historians and genealogists.
Cyndi’s List:Cyndi’s List is a comprehensive list of genealogical research sites online.
First Parish Cemetery in York, Maine: Scroll down the first page to access the Alphabetical Burial Index
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FROM THE STATE LIBRARY
- Genealogy Resources on the web
- Family Search – Select titles of microfilm to rent from the Family Search Catalog and have them delivered to us for you to view.
- Obituary Search
- Tips for finding genealogy material at Maine State Library
- City Directories: These city directories for various years are only available for in-library use. Not every year is available for each city or town.
- Microfilm Availability List: Newspapers/journals with available publication dates
- Town Reports: Scanned copies of town reports. The State Library also has an extensive collection of Maine town reports in print; check the catalog by town.